About Diet and Nutrition Department
Staffed with highly qualified nutritionists in the areas of clinical nutrition, nutritional assessment, nutrition education, nutrition counseling, this department is aimed to improve the health and quality of life of all patients in general and patients with diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular problems particularly.
Useful info and health tips
Do not skip meals!
When you skip meals your metabolism slows down, and you are not burning calories like you should. Your body thinks that you are starving so when you eat again, your body stores away more than usual resulting in more fat
Healthy diets contain a variety of foods
In general, we should include a range of nutritious foods and eat
• plenty of breads and cereals (particularly wholegrain), fruit, vegetables and legumes (such as chickpeas, lentils and red kidney beans)
• low-salt foods, and use salt sparingly
• small amounts of foods that contain added sugars
• Reduced-fat milk and other dairy products.
• It is also important to drink an adequate amount of water.